Wednesday, December 27, 2006

He who hesitates

Arriving at a stop sign simultaneously with a car adjacent and to either side of me has generated a simple conclusion. The drivers manual from the state which I reside says,

At a 4-way stop, the driver reaching the intersection first, goes first (after coming to a complete stop). If more than one vehicle arrives at the same time, the vehicle on the right goes first.


In the event of simultaneous arrival, with me being in the left hand position; maybe it's caution; usually I think its ignorance, and say so with different words; the inevitable stuttering start and stop routine ensues. Just before frustrations hits, the voice that loves romance or perhaps surrealism comes striding in to remind me that I love people and this is another opportunity for interaction.

The car on the right starts its move through the intersection; knowing I have plenty of room, I begin to move through the intersection. The other driver, thinking that I am going to broadside them stops. This means, if I don’t stop, I will broadside them.

No comments: