Sunday, December 31, 2006

he who hesitates are you still waiting

And I ask myself, why do I care about other people and what they might be going through? Am I oppressing or elevating another? Initially, my actions were because Jesus said,

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:45


But even in my system of beliefs, where Jesus is part of the omnipotent, omniscient Godhead / Trinity, it is not enough for me to adhere to Jesus’ words just because he spoke them. That would be mindless. I should adhere to his words because they are right and the right thing to do. Of course, it takes time, but with time and effort your character is developed into one that does the right things.

My Atheists friends can say, we treat people with respect, we hold life in high regard, and we want people to be happy and confident. We do all the things that you say you do. We do the right things because they are right. And I wouldn’t disagree with them.

And the recurring theme should begin to show itself. Hopefully the Christian does what is right because it is right, but beyond that… to praise and elevate God. The Atheist seeks to elevate humanity. The evidence is the same, but the motives and interpretation of the evidence is radically different.

No comments: