Saturday, January 6, 2007

walking on ice is work

Ala ‘groundhog day’,
Her voice sparkled, “Oh my! It really snowed last night.”
From my horizontal position, the sparkle was enough, I could imagine the snow, I’ve seen it before… Ugh, I need to p.

Whoa! It really did snow, a foot for sure. That’s a lot for Burque. My eye’s twitched in the brightness… It’s beautiful, soft, un-traveled, absent of contrast, perfect, and wet and really heavy to lift. This time it was 7”, well 6-1/2”. The total was almost a foot. My 25’ tape measure caught all the action.

This time, we shoveled together. It was romantic… maybe not at the time, and certainly not like our moon lit walks on the golf course. But looking back and realizing that together we conquered 7 inches of record setting Burque snowfall, and I got to wear my LL Bean snow boots from high school.

She through a snowball at me, I wasn’t surprised. Not that she throws things at me all the time, unless you count M&M’s. She asked for permission. It was cute, not spontaneous but cute all the same. It was permission to have a moment. It was precautionary to avoid burial in our newly erected snowbank.

No comments: