Wednesday, January 3, 2007

going bald receding to nothingness

The real issue with going bald has to be the loss of control. One day it was suddenly apparent that the line above my forehead was more of an 'm' than a '-'. I really hadn't thought that option was available. The 'm' became more of a golden arches (McDonald's, for those who missed the reference). Then it finally met up with an 'o' that had been subversively garnering more territory in my blind spot.

Why was hair so attached to self esteem. I made the same mistakes that every other balding man made. Maybe by growing it longer it will cover more territory and it will look like a full head of growth. Informative, yes! Oh the horrors! Which lead to the ever shortening haircut.

4... 3... 2... 1... no guard please... I wonder what a razor cut would look like. Had I just skipped the guard progression and chosen to shave, I might be a hero in my own eyes. But I eased into retaking control of my follicles. Which is probably a good thing, because I wasn't mentally prepared for being the sexy bald guy that I am today. Had I sprung my baldness on the world at once, the ensuing pursuit of the worlds female population would have gone straight to my head.

No comments: