Thursday, January 4, 2007

going bald it finally stopped

I had hoped to make some grand correlation between my Christian experience and this 'tale of loss', so to speak. But nothing of great significance has resounded with me. So I will reference an author of great renown.

Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity. Ecclesiastes 12:8


In truth, I classify myself as bald by shaving, I have an abundance of hair on my head. Its quite sparse on the crown but the sides and back are well forested. I choose to be bald to avoid the other category... going bald; I choose to be bald because it gives me choice; I choose baldness because how it makes me feel about how I look; any other reasons just seem like indirect benefits, like haircut cost savings or she likes it that way.

And finally, I wonder, have I chosen to be a Christian for similar reasons; to avoid the other category, because it is a choice I can make, how it makes me feel. And if that is true couldn't the Atheist choose to be Atheist for the exact same reasons?

No comments: